SUMMARY: Responsiblefor the design and sale of Access Control, CCTV, Automatic Door, Automatic Gate, Intercom and Revenue Parking Systems to commercial businesses. Develops new business prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of security systems and/or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Security Consultant may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Makes contact with businesses through on-site cold calls and networking by visiting properties and talking to management or owners.
• Takes leads from existing customer base and develops new customer base.
• Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of systems and services.
• Responsible for assigned quarterly sales quota.
• Calls on customers.
• Calls on prospects identified by FDC as well as those identified through self generation activities.
• Prepares bids, and follows-up on outstanding bids.
• Provides customer service (handling and resolving customer problems).
• Pursues new business.
• Sales expenses paid for by FDC including milage reimbursement. Some travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
• Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years experience in business to business sales